Monday, April 25, 2016

003. Summer Gyaru Inspo

Yesterday was the first 80°F day in Chicago and it really got me into a summery mood!

I started thinking about what I want to do in terms of evolving my current style (which in my opinion is super basic) and growing as a gyaru.

It got me thinking about how, a while back a friend of mine called me 姉貴/あねき (which is an informal way of saying sister, basically it's "sis"). It's stuck with me since she called me that for a couple of reasons, mainly being that I care for her a lot (like a little sister, honestly) and it really made me smile to think she thought of me like that, even though we haven't known each other long. The other reason it stuck with me is because, as of late Ane Gyaru and Ora Ora have been very appealing to me, style wise. Those styles are mature and stylish, but still has that edge that I think is so important to the type of gyaru I aspire to be

I've pretty much decided that this year will be when I truly go head long into gyaru and become the gal I always dreamed about being.

So, this summer I'm looking to my three favorite Japanese gyaru for inspiration, because they really embody the Ane/Ora Ora style that I want to achive! Yun, Mipochi and Manya!

I am getting a hair cut very soon and Yun's bob is exactly what I want! I would love to have that color but I really love having dark hair so who knows.. Yun's "mature cool" vibe is what I'll be going for whenever I have a night out with my friends!
I really like Mipochi's current dark hair, it makes me feel better about keeping my own dark hair in my gyaru looks. Her laid back style is what I'll be trying to achieve in my everyday outfits and makeup.

Manya is just all around cool and I REALLY love her Ash Blonde hair color. If I do end up coloring my hair, there's a 90% chance it will be like hers.

I think I'm well on my way to achieving this goal already, but I know I have a long way to go. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. I love ane gal/ ora ora too! These 3 gyaru's also really inspire me c: its a nice mix of casual and a more mature feel! I do wish you luck with it ^^ it's nice cause I'm hoping to become more ane gal/ora ora too and now I feel like I'm not so alone in it and will be fun too see how you progress also! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we can help each other grow in this style, because I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with it as well! <3

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking exactly the same things lately! OwO Its funny to see that someone is feeling the same things as you at the same moment haha. Those three are also some of my favs, as well as ora ora! Good luck with developing your style, I'm sure it will be amazingg~ ヾ(@^▽^@)ノ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wierd, maybe it's our collective response to all of the changes happening with gyaru brands? (And maybe just growing older and wanting a style that reflects that)

      Thank you Max! <3

      Delete
  3. Ane/Ora Ora is my gyaru goal, too! I can't wait to see/read about your style journey! You're amazing at what you do, so I'm positive it'll look great and be a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete